Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ManuelLindekeit
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sheet action based on NTNAME

Hi, 

I am working with sales representatives on a sales sheet and each user would like to have it limited to just themselves when they open the sheet. E.g. Manuel is a sales rep and opens a base sheet and wants to see only his sales. Thomas opens the same sheet and wants to see only his sales and so forth. I don't want to make a copy of the sheet for each user and apply set analysis because it will be awful to maintain. Is there a way I can get this done maybe with a sheet level action? I was hoping to be able to use the NTNAME field but I don't see it being written to a variable that I can use in the app. I was thinking of a simple IF(NTNAME = 'Manuel' then select Manuel in sales rep field, if(Thomas then....) 

Alternatively, I know I can use the analysis to accomplish this with NTNAME and a selection in a field but the entire app is then reduced to the selection of Manuel in the sales rep field right? I only want the selection in a few sheets. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ManuelLindekeit
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Never mind I figured it out. OSUser() can be used in the expression that sets the username as value to a variable that is then used in set analysis. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ManuelLindekeit
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Never mind I figured it out. OSUser() can be used in the expression that sets the username as value to a variable that is then used in set analysis.