Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S1m55r
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show Distinct String values in QlikSense table ?

Version - Qlik Sense Nov 2018

I have table with multiple columns with different datatypes.

In this table i have string based column field with many duplicate values. I wish to show only the Distinct or unique values.

This table i'm going to distribute via N printing as Excel output for further analysis.

Distinct function is not working here. i also tried this formula "=concat(distinct(myfield), ',')" this was referred from another old post.

I wish to do this in Qlik sense only.

Any thoughts ?

@sunny_talwar 

Labels (1)
16 Replies
S1m55r
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Kushal_Chawda  primary focus here is to get unique value of Category in the table. 

So for this particular table and requirement my other columns are irrelevant for me. Any region or product or other dimension would be fine but the category should be distinct.

sprutskih
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Did you found solution? I have exactly the same task. How to use Distinct in table visualization?

Kushal_Chawda

Use maxstring(Region)  as expression

Kushal_Chawda

If you want to do it in script then use below

Data:

LOAD Product,

Category,

maxstring(Region) as Region

FROM Source

Group by  Product,Category;

sprutskih
Contributor
Contributor

hello!

I need to get only unique rows exactly in table chart, not in load script.

=maxstring(category) not work for me in table chart dimension field( qlik sense give error). May be I need to use some other field to insert =maxstring(category)?

Kushal_Chawda

You need to use this formula in measure.

sprutskih
Contributor
Contributor

I create measure "UNIQ CATEGORY" with formula maxstring(category) and I delete dimension category.

But this solution not work. I still have duplicated rows with the same category in the field "UNIQ CATEGORY"