cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salshute
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Single value behaviour in Qlik Sense drilldowns

I am battling with the fact that Qlik Sense skips levels where there is a single value and goes to the first level of the drill-down which has multiple values.

Our client has had 67 events. These are all reported to the same first four levels of business units. On Level 5, the events are split into departments however 11 events are reported to Level 4 only, resulting in 11 null values in the chart that displays. It is not possible to filter to those null values and so they are questioning why it is not showing the preceding levels.

I have seen that this question has been asked before but am unable to find an answer or response as to:

1. why this is the behaviour of Qlik Sense; and
  2. if there is an alternative to get the levels above to display

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, the logic is that when you have only one value in a level it shows the next, so if you have a level with only one value it shows the next, it's how it work since QlikView.

You can use an external object like a variable object with button to select the level to show, each button can set the variable to a number (1,2,3...) and you an use a calculated dimension like Pick($(variableName), Dim1Field, Dim2Field, Dim3Field)

This way users can select the level to show but you loss the function to automaticaly drill-down when there is one value on a level.

salshute
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks @rubenmarin for your assistance - I will try that