Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgrobben
Contributor II
Contributor II

Slow loading worksheet with mostly just text (labels)

Hi,

I created a worksheet according to an Excel sheet the user had provided me with. I want to use the same lay-out in Qlik Sense as it was in the Excel sheet (attachment [ExcelFormat.PNG)]. The result is in attachment [QlikFormat.PNG].

The thing is that when i load the worksheet, the labels load very slow. I used buttons in this case (since they look alot nicer than common text fields), but even if i replace the buttons with text fields the worksheet loads very slow. I can see the buildup of every field on the worksheet when it loads.

Why is the loading so slow if there is only text to print? Is there a way to solve this? I want to use labels on the worksheet that give information about the rows/columns, but that don't take 5 seconds to load.

Thanks in advance for your comments!

1 Reply
eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello @sgrobben ,

It is hard to see what you are dealing with. Could you provide a sample app or maybe some data? Other question out of curiosity, why copying a Excel format? I suggest it is better to make master items of all measurements or make a KPI framework for the measurements you want. If you do this in de datamodel than you are more flexibel and maintenance free in your frontend if the format is changing. 

Regards Eddie