Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlie03
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sorting of GetFieldSelections()

Hi,

I would like to understand how does Qlik Sense sort when displaying the values after applying the GetFieldSelections() function.

For example, I have the following loaded:

table:
load * inline [
	Selection
    Account Age
    Channel
    Contract Binding
    Current Access Technology
    Flow
    Revenue Category
    ];

The loaded table is sorted alphabetically. When I use the GetFieldSelections(Selection, ', ' , 200) in the front end, I don't understand how it is sorted when displaying the figures.

If I select "Account Age" and "Age", I get the following result, which is alphabetically sorted:

Account Age, Age

However, if I add "Channel", I get the following result:

Channel, Account Age, Age

I would need that it is still sorted when clicking on the values.

Thanks for any help, it's highly appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Never really looked how the sorting happens within getfieldselections() and I rather doubt that there are possibilities to adjust the behaviour.

If you really need a string-list of the values you could use: concat(distinct FIELD, ',') to get the values alpha-numerical sorted. Concat() has further the option to add a numerical third parameter which defined the sort-order. Such parameter might be created within the load, for example per recno() or rowno().

If not such list is needed else the result should be used within a set analysis you may better take p() for it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Never really looked how the sorting happens within getfieldselections() and I rather doubt that there are possibilities to adjust the behaviour.

If you really need a string-list of the values you could use: concat(distinct FIELD, ',') to get the values alpha-numerical sorted. Concat() has further the option to add a numerical third parameter which defined the sort-order. Such parameter might be created within the load, for example per recno() or rowno().

If not such list is needed else the result should be used within a set analysis you may better take p() for it.

charlie03
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

That worked, thanks!