cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sshastry
Contributor II
Contributor II

Students with missing data request

Thanking this group in advance for helping.

I work with a school system.  We have data related to students.  Students are enrolled in a school in the current year - they are considered active students.  Each of those will request courses for next school year - we call this schedule_request. The process of requesting courses takes month, but during the process we would want to identify those students who has not completed specific requests.

• For eg. all 5th grade students should have a request for Math course.  Under the Math Department, there could be multiple math courses that they can pick from.  
  • In my dataset, I have listed all active students with their grade level in table 1
  • I have another table which lists all the courses they have requested as table2

The question I am supposed to answer is :find out all the students who has NOT selected any courses from MATH department who are in 5th grade.

• I created a table object which only lists current active 5th grade students.
  • I have a filter pane which lists departments.

I was trying to use the GetSelectedFields(DEPTNAME) as follows, but the table is not listing any students. I have used similar concept to get counts of students who does not have a specific courses -- but when it comes to a list of students in a table, I am unable to create it.

Only( { <DEPTDESCRIPTION=-{"$(=GetFieldSelections(DEPTDESCRIPTION))"}>} distinct SIS_NUMBER)

Thank you for your help

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Instead you can try with concat() like

Only( { <DEPTDESCRIPTION-={"$(=Concat(DISTINCT Chr(39) & DEPTDESCRIPTION & Chr(39), ','))"}>} distinct SIS_NUMBER)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sshastry
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Anil, but it is not doing anything different to the list.  Currently my table shows no data and changing it to this did not help.  Also my users will select the department value from the filters so I had to use the GetFieldSelections to find out what they have selected and find the students who does not have that department in their record..

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you be able to share sample data set to check once?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
sonkumamon
Creator
Creator

I would suggest you to solve in in the script level. Join the 2 tables to create a flag IsMathStudent. Something like this:

Table1:

Load * From ...

Left Join

Load 

Student_ID,

1 as IsMathStudent

From....

Then on the expression:

Count( { <IsMathStudent -={1}>} distinct SIS_NUMBER)

sshastry
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Anil - I will try and get a small subset of data to load here.  Still new to doing this so it will take me a day or so - Thank you