cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hackathorn
Contributor
Contributor

Study into the Managerial Perspectives of Deep Learning

As part of an article series in Towards Data Science, I am conducting interviews with tech-savvy managers who are involved with operational analytical systems using (or soon using) neural network technology. The interviews focus the emerging issues and challenges facing managers, both LOB and IT (which may be managers of data science teams). Interviewees do not need in-depth technical knowledge. The telephone interviews are informal and unstructured, lasting 30-45 minutes. I can optionally conduct interviews as anonymous. These questions are to stimulate discussion:

• Describe your management involvement with analytical systems and deep learning.
  • What is the motivation for using neural network technology? Tactical or strategic or mixture?
  • What are the issues that you are encountering or expect to encounter? Any surprises?
  • Are these issues unique to deep learning? Are the issues technical or managerial?
  • Do you have suggestions for best practices or lessons learned for similar professionals?

If interested or know of someone who might be interested, please email me, or comment below.

Thank you for your help!

Richard Hackathorn, Bolder Technology, richardh@bolder.com

0 Replies