Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seraphis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Synthetic Key

Hi

I am creating a new table Case4 from another called Case1. My code does work but I get a synthetic key warning. Why is this happening and how to avoid it?

Case4:

Load Case_Flat_Case.Case_Number, Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number, Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened
Resident Case1
order by Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number,Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened asc;

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hello, You will find lot of information If you find in Google : Link is Here 

Also, For now If you are doing transformation from Case1 to Case4. You can try this?

Case4:

NoConcatenate

Load Case_Flat_Case.Case_Number, Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number, Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened
Resident Case1
order by Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number,Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened asc;

Drop Table Case1;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
seraphis
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

thanks but I am pulling only a few fields from Case1. I do not want to drop Case1. 

Is it necessary to write NoConcatenate after the name of the new table? I am under the impression that it should be before that. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be refer, Left Keep?

Also, Please use above link which I refered in my previous post.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
seraphis
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author