Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seraphis
Contributor III
Contributor III

Synthetic Key

Hi

I am creating a new table Case4 from another called Case1. My code does work but I get a synthetic key warning. Why is this happening and how to avoid it?

Case4:

Load Case_Flat_Case.Case_Number, Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number, Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened
Resident Case1
order by Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number,Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened asc;

Thanks

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Hello, You will find lot of information If you find in Google : Link is Here 

Also, For now If you are doing transformation from Case1 to Case4. You can try this?

Case4:

NoConcatenate

Load Case_Flat_Case.Case_Number, Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number, Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened
Resident Case1
order by Case_Flat_Case.Asset_Serial_Number,Case_Flat_Case.Date_Time_Opened asc;

Drop Table Case1;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
seraphis
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Anil,

thanks but I am pulling only a few fields from Case1. I do not want to drop Case1. 

Is it necessary to write NoConcatenate after the name of the new table? I am under the impression that it should be before that. 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be refer, Left Keep?

Also, Please use above link which I refered in my previous post.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
seraphis
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author