Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LearnFreak
Contributor III
Contributor III

Text Object to not appear when selected in other sheet

Hi,

I have 2 buttons as Text Objects and several different sheets.

The first button shouldn't appear on one of the other sheets, let say Sheet 2.

I made it not appear, but when selected in the first sheet and then open Sheet 2 (with not clearing selectin) then the button still appears.

This is my code - 

=if(wildmatch(GetCurrentSelections(),'*buton1*'),0,1) and (vSheet1= 1 or vSheet3= 1 or vSheet4= 1 )

So I've set the condition of all the other variables except the one of Sheet 2 and it works, the button doesn't appear.

But when selected on Sheet1 then it appears on Sheet2 as well.

Does somebody have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Dolphin
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

This sounds wild. What do you mean with two buttons as text objects? And what do you mean by not appearing? Is this QlikView maybe? 

So you have a field that contains e.g. 'button1' as a value. Selecting that should show the button on some sheets, but not all.

So whenever you select 'button1' the first part of the condition will be true:

=if(wildmatch(GetCurrentSelections(),'*button1*'),0,1)

Now the second part has me confused again. What are the vSheet variables? How do you set them?

You could use only one variable vSheet and update its value each time you open a sheet (if you use multiple browser tabs this will cause issues). So for the second part of the condition say:

... and vSheet <> 2

The condition will be true as long as 'button1' is selected and you are not on sheet 2. 

Kind Regards,

Johannes

LearnFreak
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

I fixed the problem 🙂 Yes, it is in QlikView.

I just added Clear in field in the Sheet 2 properties, in Action, and I put the value of the selection of Button 1 and it worked.

KR