Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Thumbnail image for app in qlik sense server

Hi

I am trying to attach a thumbnail image for an app. I placed image in server version of qlik sense at this path

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Content\Default.  After placing image, once i go back and refresh image is appearing in the selection. Are there any specific security rules needs to be created so that image can be accessed

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Yes, that is the correct process. Make sure you uploaded the file to the Default library otherwise it won't show up in the client, that will be enhanced it future versions.

In QMC, can you see your image listed in the library? Enable Contents in the right hand menu as per the screenshot. If you see your image, great then it's uploaded correctly. Try to browse to it by clicking the blue hyperlink next to it, if you can see it then most likely there are no security issues.

Have you changed any of the default security rules that the product ships with? If so you can audit that you still have access to the images by clicked on Users in the right hand menu and see that you are listed with Read access.

content.PNG

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Instead of copying the image to the server, just upload it through QMC in Content Libraries.

By just copying the image to disk there is no record of the image in the repository database.

Also depending how your local folder structure was set up you might have to re-add the image once the app is uploaded to the server and before you publish it.

Not applicable
Author

I just did that. I went to hub--->mywork>created new app but when i tried to add thumbnail image that i just added to content library is not comming up

I verfified server and i see folder is created with image uploaded also.

Is this the correct process to attach thumbnail image to an app ?

Thanks

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Yes, that is the correct process. Make sure you uploaded the file to the Default library otherwise it won't show up in the client, that will be enhanced it future versions.

In QMC, can you see your image listed in the library? Enable Contents in the right hand menu as per the screenshot. If you see your image, great then it's uploaded correctly. Try to browse to it by clicking the blue hyperlink next to it, if you can see it then most likely there are no security issues.

Have you changed any of the default security rules that the product ships with? If so you can audit that you still have access to the images by clicked on Users in the right hand menu and see that you are listed with Read access.

content.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks It worked.I am trying to create new content library and trying to view. Your image helped me.