Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Timestamp convertion from string outputing some null values

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Qlik and I've been developing my first app.

I'm getting a set of data from an Oracle Database where one of the fields is a timestamp string in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.

Then in Qlik when I'm importing the data I'm using SET TimestampFormat='YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'; at the top to set the default timestamp format and the following statement in the LOAD section to convert the string into a timestamp:

TIMESTAMP(TIMESTAMP#( "Ticket Creation Time IT",'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS'),'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS') AS "Ticket Creation DateTime",

My problem is that only some rows are being converted to a timestamp, others are just null.

I haven't found any pattern for this behaviour and have search the web for a possible solution but couldn't find any.

angelompcunha_0-1664556803735.png

Can anyone lend a help on this topic?

EDIT: Beside the nulls output I also just noticed that the month is also incorrect. In the print above the first row that has a converted value should be 2022-05-03 09:03:51 but instead is being converted to 2022-03-03 09:03:51

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Perhaps this instead

Timestamp(Timestamp#("Ticket Creation Time IT",'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'),'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss') as "Ticket Creation DateTime",

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Perhaps this instead

Timestamp(Timestamp#("Ticket Creation Time IT",'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'),'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss') as "Ticket Creation DateTime",

angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jeez I feel so dumb., it worked perfectly. I've working with frameworks where I use slightly different format and can be all caps and it didn't occured to me I was simply using the wrong format.

Thanks for the help