Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Timestamp convertion from string outputing some null values

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to Qlik and I've been developing my first app.

I'm getting a set of data from an Oracle Database where one of the fields is a timestamp string in the format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS.

Then in Qlik when I'm importing the data I'm using SET TimestampFormat='YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'; at the top to set the default timestamp format and the following statement in the LOAD section to convert the string into a timestamp:

TIMESTAMP(TIMESTAMP#( "Ticket Creation Time IT",'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS'),'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS') AS "Ticket Creation DateTime",

My problem is that only some rows are being converted to a timestamp, others are just null.

I haven't found any pattern for this behaviour and have search the web for a possible solution but couldn't find any.

angelompcunha_0-1664556803735.png

Can anyone lend a help on this topic?

EDIT: Beside the nulls output I also just noticed that the month is also incorrect. In the print above the first row that has a converted value should be 2022-05-03 09:03:51 but instead is being converted to 2022-03-03 09:03:51

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Perhaps this instead

Timestamp(Timestamp#("Ticket Creation Time IT",'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'),'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss') as "Ticket Creation DateTime",

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Perhaps this instead

Timestamp(Timestamp#("Ticket Creation Time IT",'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss'),'YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss') as "Ticket Creation DateTime",

angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jeez I feel so dumb., it worked perfectly. I've working with frameworks where I use slightly different format and can be all caps and it didn't occured to me I was simply using the wrong format.

Thanks for the help