Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Russ
Contributor II
Contributor II

Toggle a filter on a table to show all records or just the first one of a group

Hi,

I have a table that shows support cases logged against an incident (may be '1 to 1' or '1 to many'). Each case may be a different customer for each case and potentially the case may be logged on different dates.

Example

Case#Incident#CustomerDate
11A1/1/19
21B1/1/19
31C1/2/19
42D2/2/19
52A2/2/19
63E3/1/19
73F3/1/19
84A4/1/19

If I toggle the table to show all cases, then it would show all 8 rows. If I toggle it for Incident view, I would only see 1 row per unique incident so would show 4 rows. This works fine when there are no other filters applied.

How do I apply the same toggle above, but just filtered on customer A?

Thanks!

2 Replies
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Can you post your app (or an obfuscated version) so that we can see what you mean by toggling the table? Or at least some screenshots? Sounds like a job for a pivot table or the addition of filtering panes on top, but you may be describing a more complicated use case than that. This is a little light on the details so it's hard to know until there is some more descriptive information here.
Russ
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Andoryuu!

Think I figured out a way around it:

- for charts, set analysis works fine

- for tables of data, just toggled visibility on the case field, so when shown can see all 8 rows, when hidden shows 4 rows. When a filter is applied just uses the natural functionality of the table chart to only show unique rows.

Works for now!

Thank you!