Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevie_Go
Contributor III
Contributor III

Trellis advanced mode doesn´t work properly

Hey Guys,

for like the 100th time I am trying to get a trellis container in advanced mode working. I always run into the same issue:

I build my master visualization with a SetAnalysis expression using $(vDimSet). (For I need a second SA not related to the trellis dim)

In contrast to the "tooltip" I know that it will add a comma in front of the added set analysis string, not after (I added a second trellis with a "KPI" diagramm and only added the $(vDimSet), then it reads out as ",[Sales Region]={'RegionName'}".

But no matter what I do, I can´t make it work. It will always show the count of all orders per month without taking the sales region into account meaning all charts in the trellis look the same.

Ok, that´s not correct. After trying the same changes over and over again (or after giving up , going home and coming back) it works as expected. But if I´m stupid enough to make a change to the master vis/ master KPI or the trellis it breaks again.

What I´ve done:

Add a trellis container with "Sales Region" as dimension

built a combo chart with "Month" as dimension and the KPI "Count({<[%OrderType]={'Inquiry'} $(vDimSet)>}Distinct [%OrderNumber])" and made it a master visualization. (In a normal table this will give the correct results based on the sales region)

Added the master vis combo chart in the trellis container and set it to advanced mode

Now trellis gives me as much charts as I have sales regions with the correct heading, but as stated earlier, all look excatly the same, so the sales region is ignored in SetAnalysis.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

In my text I have translated the names and values, in my examples they are german.

Thanks for every advice!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stevie_Go
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It seems like I found the issue: You must not use master dimensions or master KPI in a Trellis container or its embedded master visualization. To all who run into the same issue as me...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stevie_Go
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It seems like I found the issue: You must not use master dimensions or master KPI in a Trellis container or its embedded master visualization. To all who run into the same issue as me...