Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scottwilcox
Contributor
Contributor

Two Dimentional Line Chart

I have a two dimensional line chart that shows residential housing sales by the way it was financed (cash, conv, etc). The chart is working with Group/Month and Line/Finance Code as the dimensions.  The measure (height of line) is the count of the different finance codes. I want to change the measure to the % of total finance codes per month. So Cash might be 15% and Conventional 70% and so on. 

I tried =count([Fin Type])/count(total([Fin Type])) but the returned values are too small. They may add up to 10%, not 100%

Any thoughts on the correct measure formula?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Scott,

The TOTAL key word tells Qlik to ignore all dimensions, so you need to tell it to not disregard the [Close Date] dimension when calculating the count. The way you do this is by adding the column name between < > after the TOTAL function.

count([Fin Code])/Count(total <[Close Date]> [Fin Code])

See the result and difference in the screen shot table below.

anthonyj_0-1627612633389.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply
anthonyj
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Scott,

The TOTAL key word tells Qlik to ignore all dimensions, so you need to tell it to not disregard the [Close Date] dimension when calculating the count. The way you do this is by adding the column name between < > after the TOTAL function.

count([Fin Code])/Count(total <[Close Date]> [Fin Code])

See the result and difference in the screen shot table below.

anthonyj_0-1627612633389.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks