Qlik Community

Ask a Question

App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QlikWorld Online 2021, May 10-12: Our Free, Virtual, Global Event REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wdchristensen
Specialist
Specialist

Unable to Sort in QlikSense April 2018 SP 1

I have all kinds of trouble with sorting. Sorting seems to work incorrectly in charts, tables, filter lists you name it. I am wondering if there is some new trick to get sorting to work like it does in every other product I have used. It is not sorting a string like a number or something simple rather it is almost like it is sorting on a different column first…. Please see the attached picture for an example. 

Labels (6)
7 Replies
benrig44
Contributor III
Contributor III

might not be a bug but Qlik's weird (some may disagree) DUAL feature

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/FormattingFunctions/Dua...

 

the value you see on screen isn't necessarily what Qlik sees behind the scenes and it may be sorting on a value you dont expect

Vegar
Partner
Partner

It does not look like a dual to me (left aligned). Check the objekt preference for the sorting setting. It could be that your sorting is not done by alphabetically, it could be sorted by load order (the order the data where loaded into the application).
Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes
wdchristensen
Specialist
Specialist
Author

Vegar, hit the issue exactly. When I try to “sort by expression” it just reverts to the order in the load script. See the example screenshot for an example.

wdchristensen
Specialist
Specialist
Author

In the attached example above I am attempting to show the cost center description concatenated with the department code but when the user sorts the column I want the sort order to be on the cost center number not the cost center description.

wdchristensen
Specialist
Specialist
Author

QlikCommunity.PNG

wdchristensen
Specialist
Specialist
Author

I suspect this is a bug but it is hard to know for sure since there is no publicly available "known issues" list to confirm my suspicions. 

Solutions01.jpg

wdchristensen
Specialist
Specialist
Author

 I changed my sort by expression from:

=$(vCOST_CENTER_CODE) & ' - ' &  $(vCOST_CENTER_DESC)

To

=$(vCOST_CENTER_CODE)

and it works...  If anyone who uses Qlik Sense thinks this is not a bug, please feel free to explain in the comment section below. 

3_StatckOverflow2.png