Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lazar1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to hide zero or null() values on combo chart

Hi Qlik Community,

I am facing an issue to hide zero or null() values on the combo chart.

The setup is as follows:

- I have 1 dimension - Week

- I have 15 master measures:

- 8 of them are bars that represent a weekly difference in the amount. I used this formula:

if(RangeSum([Open Amount AR] - Above([Open Amount AR]))<>0,RangeSum([Open Amount AR] - Above([Open Amount AR])))

- 7 of them are lines that represent the open amount : if(sum({<[Dependence category]={'AR'}>} Amount)<>0,sum({<[Dependence category]={'AR'}>} Amount))

I unchecked Show Zero values for dimension and also in data handling 

Lazar1_1-1691660972220.png

... but still when filtering it shows zero/null() values for the measures which result is 0.

Lazar1_0-1691660957694.png

Is anybody seeing what is the issue here?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not seeing an issue - each of your dimension values (weeks) has at least one value, so none are hidden. As far as I know, hiding zero/null doesn't apply to measures.

Lazar1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Is there any way I can hide the measure if its value is null() or 0?

The issue here is that the combo chart allows only 1 dimension, so instead of having two dimensions (Week and Category), I had to create a measure for each Category (see them on the legend).

Maybe my whole approach is wrong, so if you have any ideas - welcome! 

Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not aware of any way to conditionally hide measures in the native Combo Chart. Maybe you could get cute with some if() statements, possibly mixed with aggr(), but this isn't a property you can set that I know of.

Some third-party extensions, such as Vizlib Combo Chart, may offer an option to conditionally enable/disable measures, if that helps any.

anat
Master
Master

try like

if(sum(sales)=0,null(),sum(Sales))