Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chandu
Contributor II
Contributor II

User defined sorting

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a user defined sorting. I have created 2 variables with name Vexpression and Vsorting. In Vexpression I have taken a variable input and in variable I have taken the Vexpression variable and in value sum(totalamount) and I have taken another variable input in that I have selected the variable Vsorting and in shows as  drop down and in value for ascending (1) and for descending (-1) and I have taken a bar chart with dimension patientnumber and measure as sum(totalamount) in sorting I have disabled all the options and the dimensions which I used as patient number in that I have selected sort by expression and I have given expression as =$(Vexpression)*Vsorting but it is showing an error as garbage after expression Vsorting.

I tried to use $((Vexpression)*Vsorting) there is no error but my sorting option is not working 

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The call of $((Vexpression)*Vsorting) isn't valide. You may try it in this way: $(Vexpression) * $(Vsorting)

View solution in original post

Chandu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Marcus it's working 👍

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

The call of $((Vexpression)*Vsorting) isn't valide. You may try it in this way: $(Vexpression) * $(Vsorting)

Chandu
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Marcus it's working 👍