Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Powershell via Qlik Sense Application

Hey Guys

I am developing in Qlik Sense for about a month now and I just hit a brick wall trying to execute windows powershell commandos/scripts via Qlik Sense... The ultimate goal would be to start an already existing script with parameters via Qlik for powershell.

I found some scripts online doing similar things. What I found was this: (Just trying out a simple command to see if powershell does anything at all)

LET vtmpFile = 'Get-Process | Out-File -filepath C:\Users\mafa\Documents\ScanFiles\test\process.txt'; 

EXECUTE PowerShell -command $(vtmpFile); 

This is pretty simple to understand, but QlikSense isnt able to run this. At first I thought that the syntax was wrong, but then after a while I tried this exact line in QlikView and to my surprise it worked perfectly.

Has anyone got experience using powershell via Qlik? There is a lot more reference to find from people who execute Qlik Tasks via powershell and not the other way around...

thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you follow the instructions found here to disable StandardReload which doesn't allow the EXECUTE statement?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/disable-standard-mode.htm

In short - for Qlik Sense Desktop you can edit the SETTINGS.INI file and insert a new line:

StandardReload=0

Snippet from the documentation - concerning specifically server security for Qlik Sense Enterprise:

2018-07-31 17_37_20-Editing an engine ‒ Qlik Sense.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you follow the instructions found here to disable StandardReload which doesn't allow the EXECUTE statement?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/disable-standard-mode.htm

In short - for Qlik Sense Desktop you can edit the SETTINGS.INI file and insert a new line:

StandardReload=0

Snippet from the documentation - concerning specifically server security for Qlik Sense Enterprise:

2018-07-31 17_37_20-Editing an engine ‒ Qlik Sense.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Petter,

yes I already disabled standard mode and followed the Qlik Help instructions regarding settings.ini. Somehow the script I was running yesterday decided to work after one and a half hours...

Anyway, thank you for the quick reply!!

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And Qlik Sense will not read the settings until you stop and start the Qlik Sense Desktop....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I restarted everything multiple times... (working on Server, not Sense Desktop). My colleague said he can´t explain to me either, why it worked all of a sudden and what exactly I was doing wrong earlier.