Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evan0211
Creator II
Creator II

Using a master dimension in a Pie Chart

I have a master dimension that is essentially four nested if statements to designate if a subset of data is considered 'Completed', 'Late', 'Completed Late', or 'Future'.

This works as intended.

Now I need to color code each slice of the pie based off the status returned from the master dimension but I cannot find how to use the master dimension within the color expression. 

I thought I could do: =If([Master Dimension] = 'Future', LightBlue(), Red()) or something similar but I don't think I can access the master dimension in the color expression. Is there another way to achieve this? The customer is specific that the pie chart slices must be the colors they provided.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
brunobertels
Master
Master

hi 

may be just reuse your mesure to create your master dimension in the color expression

replace your name ('Completed', 'Late', 'Completed Late', or 'Future') by the color code 

Rodrigo_Pennacchi
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello, @Evan0211 ,

You are right, you can't use master dimension on any expressions. How colloring is an expression, you can't use on it eighter.

@brunobertels gave a great insight.

Check if this app that I am sending here help you. I created a master measure that return all dimension and this master measure can be used on colloring expression. With that we can use if statements to define the color.

I added another chart (option 2) if it is possible in your case (sometimes it is not) to bring your dimension expression to your script editor and add a colloring table to set the bars color. This option might perform better with more data.