Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gab03
Contributor
Contributor

Variable Input doesn't always work

Hello guys,

I have some problems with the #QlikSense "Variable Input" object (Custom objects > Dashboard bundle > Variable Input): in some Apps works perfectly, but in others that I created recently it doesn't work.

Gab03_0-1649929626227.png

For example, in some Apps I need to have a variable that the user can change writing in the "Input box". When you digit the new variable's value in the "Input box" and you click "Enter" from the keyboard you visualize the new value in the "Input box" but the real variable value is still the same. If you refresh the page, you'll see the old value also in the "Input box".

Could you please help me? Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? In the past months I used this object a lot of times and it worked perfectly so I have no idea about what is happening.

Many thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gab03
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Nadia,

I think I found what I was doing wrong: in QlikView it was possible to use the variables inside the dimensions (and the measures). Here in QlikSense it's possible to do it only inside the measures, so if I put a variable inside a dimension that won't work.

Many thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Gab03

By any chance could you provide the following information?

When did you first notice the problem? 

Has this worked before? 

How many applications present the same issue?

What is the Qlik Sense version on your environment (include the Patch if applicable)

If this was working before, could you indicate the QS version where it was working? 

Could you provide a sample app to reproduce?

Thank you !

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Gab03
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Dear Nadia,

I think I found what I was doing wrong: in QlikView it was possible to use the variables inside the dimensions (and the measures). Here in QlikSense it's possible to do it only inside the measures, so if I put a variable inside a dimension that won't work.

Many thanks!