Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KerstinP
Contributor
Contributor

Variable with all caracteristics

Hello, 

I am searching for a term like *. That means every caracteristic is possible. My case:

I have a key which consists of several fields in my load statment:

Account1&'-'&Account2&'-'&Account3 as KEY

Now I want to define several Accounts as KPIs ( if Acconut1='1200' and if Account3'x' as KPI='Orders')

KPI_match:

Load * Inline [

KEY, KPI

1200- *-x, Orders

];

But * does not work. How can I generate a key with placeholders in order not to write down every parameter (like: 1200-1-x; 1200-2-x) because Account2 is changing every period. But for some other KPIs I need Account2, so it has to be part of the key.

table (no KPI definitions included):      
Account1 Acconut2 Acconut3 value
1200 1 x 20
1200 2 x 20
1200 2   5

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Perhaps WildMatch(Key,'1200*x')?

You could also just look at each of the three fields individually instead of at the concatenated key.

KerstinP
Contributor
Contributor
Author

where can I put the wildmatch statement? As a new table?
If I take each field indivually I am generating syn keys because every KPI refers to an other Account

Or
MVP
MVP

If you're looking to achieve this in the context of creating generic keys within your script, have a look at this document (sorry, it's a bit on the long side, but you probably won't need the entire thing):

https://community.qlik.com/cyjdu72974/attachments/cyjdu72974/qlikview-documents/11042/2/Generic%20Ke...