Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II

Variable

I define a variable like that BREF =GetFieldSelections(XBREFNUM)

and in the script I define like that XBREFNUM = $(BREF) 

but when i start a load from the script, the prog says i have an error because XBREFNUM = GetFieldSelections(XBREFNUM)

That why in the script i wrote a condition on $(BREF)  but it doesn't work

Labels (1)
3 Replies
TauseefKhan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Frédéricdh 

The GetFieldSelections() function is used in the UI part of Qlik Sense to retrieve the current selections of a field as a string. It cannot be used directly in the data load script because the script does not interact with the UI selections.

If you want to use the value of a field selection within the script, you need to pass it as a parameter when the script is reloaded, which is typically done through an action in the UI, not directly in the script.

Define the variable:

SET BREF = 'YourStaticValue'; // Assigns a static value to BREF
LET BREF = Peek('FieldName', 0, 'TableName'); // Assigns the result of an expression to BREF

Use the variable in the script:

LOAD
Field1,
Field2,
$(BREF) as XBREFNUM
FROM DataSource;

***Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.***

Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

But, I want to use the value of XBREFNUM, which is selected from the user. That's why I use GetFieldSelections

Frédéricdh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I make an If statement in my script to overcome the problem, like that

If $(BREF) = '= GetFieldSelections(XBREFNUM)' then

but than I have this error message

Syntax error

Unexpected token: '=', expected one of: '(', 'Yellow', 'ZTestw_z', 'OPERATOR_PLUS', 'OPERATOR_MINUS', 'not', 'bitnot', ...

If >>>>>>=<<<<<< GetFieldSelections(XBREFNUM) = '= GetFieldSelections(XBREFNUM)' then

I don't see how to overcome the problem.