Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Variables declared in QVS and Included in load script not being included in application.

hello,

I have a Qlik Sense application that has two Include directives similar to:

$(Include='lib://config1.qvs');

$(Include='lib://config2.qvs');

In each config file I've declared some variables:

config1.qvs:   Let vDate1=;

config2.qvs:  Let vDate2=;

When the application reloads, I can see in the log file that both qvs files are being included and the variable declarations are executed. However, if I try to use vDate2 in any expression, it doesn't exist. It doesn't even show up in the Variables drop-down of the expression editor. Yet vDate1 is there.   

Any idea why this behavior?

Thanks,

Steven

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Yes, that's right: let var = null(); removed the variable. In View variables which comes at least one time within the UI will keep their entry there within the variable-overview and must be manually deleted there, too (of course only those which shouldn't be there). By Sense I don't know if it's behaved similar.

- Marcus 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Let vDate2=; assigned NULL against the variable and this means the variable will be deleted. So if you really used this or maybe another invalid expression like: 'a' + null() the variable disappeared. By vDate1 it may be different or this variable is created another time.

I think a look within the document-log should easily show where these variables were created and called and maybe deleted again.

- Marcus

stascher
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I didn't know that an expression such as vDate1=; actually deleted the variable.
So my next question is, does that mean an expression such as vDate1=null(); will also delete the variable?
Regards,
Steven
marcus_sommer

Yes, that's right: let var = null(); removed the variable. In View variables which comes at least one time within the UI will keep their entry there within the variable-overview and must be manually deleted there, too (of course only those which shouldn't be there). By Sense I don't know if it's behaved similar.

- Marcus