Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gitguto
Contributor III
Contributor III

Waterfall Chart - Measure is time gap between two fields

Hello everyone, I need to create something like this:

gitguto_0-1641560385542.png

My dimension would have to be an aggregated function, something like:

=aggr(if(
only({<name = {'Create proposal'}>}activityfinishdate)-only({<name = {'Study approval'}>}activitystartdate)<16,
'0 - 15 days',if(
only({<name = {'Create proposal'}>}activityfinishdate)-only({<name = {'Study approval'}>}activitystartdate)<31,
'15 - 30 days','30+ days')),[Request Number])

I'm creating slots according to the difference between the finish date of the task "Create Proposal" and the start date of the task "Study Approval". That is, "0-15 days", "15-30 days" and "+30days"

But I'm having trouble getting this visualization, the closest I can get is this:

gitguto_1-1641560563017.png

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jbhappysocks
Creator II
Creator II

Hi!

If you want to create a Qlik Waterfall chart you don't add a dimension, you just create the bars. 

Your first bar could be something like this: 

sum(aggr(if( only({<name = {'Create proposal'}>}activityfinishdate)-only({<name = {'Study approval'}>}activitystartdate)<16,1,0),[Request Number]))

(if it is no of Request Number you are after and they are distinct, I had no example data to work with)

Second bar:

sum(aggr(if( only({<name = {'Create proposal'}>}activityfinishdate)-only({<name = {'Study approval'}>}activitystartdate)<31,1,0),[Request Number]))

-

sum(aggr(if( only({<name = {'Create proposal'}>}activityfinishdate)-only({<name = {'Study approval'}>}activitystartdate)<16,1,0),[Request Number]))

and last bar:

sum(aggr(if( only({<name = {'Create proposal'}>}activityfinishdate)-only({<name = {'Study approval'}>}activitystartdate)>30,1,0),[Request Number]))

Use the checkbox Add subtotal in the second and third bar to add the total bars.

The calculations can probably be less complex than my examples from your function, (but if I understood you correct I think it should work). The key take away is you don't add dimensions in a waterfall chart, you only add measures and specify their relationships.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
jbhappysocks
Creator II
Creator II

Hi!

If you want to create a Qlik Waterfall chart you don't add a dimension, you just create the bars. 

Your first bar could be something like this: 

(if it is no of Request Number you are after and they are distinct, I had no example data to work with)

Second bar:

sum(aggr(if( only({<name = {'Create proposal'}>}activityfinishdate)-only({<name = {'Study approval'}>}activitystartdate)<31,1,0),[Request Number]))

-

and last bar:

sum(aggr(if( only({<name = {'Create proposal'}>}activityfinishdate)-only({<name = {'Study approval'}>}activitystartdate)>30,1,0),[Request Number]))

Use the checkbox Add subtotal in the second and third bar to add the total bars.

The calculations can probably be less complex than my examples from your function, (but if I understood you correct I think it should work). The key take away is you don't add dimensions in a waterfall chart, you only add measures and specify their relationships.

gitguto
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much! Your answer was perfect. Helped me a lot!