Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

What is a more efficient betwen an Aggr-If and an Nested set analysis?

Hi,

As always I appreciate immensively the help in this forum.

I have an advanced frontend problem in which I need to count the Ids that sum more than a certain value.

Options

I have two options for the frontend but I don't know which one is more efficient:

julioarriaga_2-1600114125645.png

"Counter" field is just an 1 I used in another table in order to not use distincts -my original model is huge- (the model sections gives more clarity about this).

Model

julioarriaga_0-1600113884557.pngjulioarriaga_1-1600113909233.png

Production App Information

• My original application is huge, so I need to watch the performance closely.
  • I'm making a HUGE, HUGE simplification of the original tables, fields and formulas of the aplication but without losing the concept of the core problem.

Kind regards.

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Kushal_Chawda

@julioarriaga   I would suggest to test the performance of individual expression by looking at the telemetry data. So firstly, create one chart and put any one of the expression in chart then publish the app and reload app. Open the application and perform the selections. Now refresh the telemetry data and look at the statistics in telemetry app. Note down the response time of the object where you have written the expression. Further you can now add other expression in chart by removing first one and repeat the procedure. This way you will have stats for both the expressions.