Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pascaldijkshoor
Creator
Creator

Where Clause in Load Editor for linked tables

Hi guys,

I am loading two different tables in the load editor. I have a where clause on the first table, which is applied on a datefield. The second table is linked to the first table by a mutual column. The second table has no date field, so currently it's loading all the data, which is 18 million rows. For minimizing my dataset I want to apply the where clause of the first table on the second table as well.

Is this possible?

I am currently loading the following script:

IB CONNECT TO 'Chainware11g';

LOAD cuacty,

cuactk as Key,

cuconn as Company_Lane,

cudura,

tsaaed,

tsloai;

[cuf_cuactt]:

SELECT "cuacty",

"cuconn",

"cudura",

"tsaaed",

"tsloai",

"cuactk"

FROM "ICJDR"."cuf_cuactt" WHERE "tsaaed" >= sysdate - '65';

LIB CONNECT TO 'Chainware11g';

LOAD cuactk as Key,

cuasst,

jrasst as Truck_Number;

[cuf_cuacta]:

select "cuactk",

"cuasst",

"jrasst"

FROM "ICJDR"."cuf_cuacta";

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I think it should go in this direction:

[cuf_cuactt]:

LOAD

cuacty, cuactk as Key, cuconn as Company_Lane, cudura, tsaaed, tsloai, cuasst, jrasst as Truck#;

SELECT "a.cuacty", "a.cuconn", "a.cudura", "a.tsaaed", "a.tsloai", "a.cuactk", "b.cuasst", "b.jrasst"

FROM "ICJDR"."cuf_cuactt" a left join "ICJDR"."cuf_cuacta" b on "a. cuactk" = "b. cuactk"

WHERE "a.tsaaed" >= sysdate - '65';

whereby the SQL statement depends on the syntax-rules from your database and you might need some google-searching to adjust it appropriate (surely there are various examples on how to join and alias tables).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Pascal, you'd simply add a WHERE EXISTS clause in your second load statement. So something like this:

LOAD cuactk as Key,

cuasst,

jrasst as Truck_Number

WHERE EXISTS(Key,cuactk);

[cuf_cuacta]:

select "cuactk",

"cuasst",

"jrasst"

FROM "ICJDR"."cuf_cuacta";

You can find more information on the EXISTS clause here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/InterRecordFunctions/Ex...

And the WHERE clause here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/ScriptRegularStatements...

I hope that helps,

Serina

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

pascaldijkshoor
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately the script did not work.

marcus_sommer

What didn't work? Any load-error (probably some small syntax-issue) or had the second query more and/or different data loaded as expected? In the last case your Key field is just inappropriate to your target and I think it would be better to join both tables with your where-clause on the sql-side.

- Marcus

pascaldijkshoor
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Marcus, the script did not work because of the following load error: missing SELECT keyword (see the corresponding script below)

How can I join both tables with my where clause? I already tried to do this but i'm no programmer so it's difficult for me to achieve this.

LOAD cuacty,

cuactk as Key,

cuconn as Company_Lane,

cudura,

tsaaed,

tsloai;

[cuf_cuactt]:

SELECT "cuacty",

"cuconn",

"cudura",

"tsaaed",

"tsloai",

"cuactk"

FROM "ICJDR"."cuf_cuactt" WHERE "tsaaed" >= sysdate - '65';

Load cuactk as Key,

cuasst,

jrasst as Truck#;

[cuf_cuacta]:

select "cuactk",

"cuasst",

"jrasst"

FROM "ICJDR"."cuf_cuacta" WHERE EXISTS (Key, cuactk);

marcus_sommer

I think it should go in this direction:

[cuf_cuactt]:

LOAD

cuacty, cuactk as Key, cuconn as Company_Lane, cudura, tsaaed, tsloai, cuasst, jrasst as Truck#;

SELECT "a.cuacty", "a.cuconn", "a.cudura", "a.tsaaed", "a.tsloai", "a.cuactk", "b.cuasst", "b.jrasst"

FROM "ICJDR"."cuf_cuactt" a left join "ICJDR"."cuf_cuacta" b on "a. cuactk" = "b. cuactk"

WHERE "a.tsaaed" >= sysdate - '65';

whereby the SQL statement depends on the syntax-rules from your database and you might need some google-searching to adjust it appropriate (surely there are various examples on how to join and alias tables).

- Marcus

pascaldijkshoor
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Marcus! With some small changes I managed to get the script to work