Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dselgo_eidex
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Why can't you add Set Expressions to Custom Tooltips?

When I heard that Qlik Sense had finally added custom tooltips in the February 2020 update I was very happy. Now that I am getting the chance to play around with them I find that in their current state they are completely unusable to me.

According to this page,  "Custom tooltips cannot be used with set expressions, expressions using total, or charts with calculated dimensions". 

Our charts make heavy use of set analysis, so without the ability to add set analysis to the custom tooltip expressions we are unable to supply any additional information regarding the displayed data to our users. For instance, if I am showing on a bar chart the sum(Sales) amount by each month for 2020, I would set my dimension to Month and add Year = {'2020'} to the set expression of my measure. If I wanted to show the count(Sales) in the tooltip, I would also have to add Year = {'2020'} to the set expression of the tooltip's measure, otherwise it would show the count across all years of data. 

This seems like such an obvious need for custom tooltips to work well that I am surprised it is not available. Does anyone know why this limitation exists and if it will be removed in the future?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The limitation was lifted in June 2020.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Patric_Nordstrom