Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirpod90
Contributor III
Contributor III

Why this absurd not adjustable hypercube limit?

Hello Qlik-Developers,

I like this product and it is good way to go.

But why is the hypercube limit set around 2000???

And why I cannot change it?

If I use the default scatter plot, it is not possible to print more than 2000 entities before QlikSense starting aggregating.

Therefore most of the information (e.g color code by an other dimension) is lost.

Furthermore it doesn't print the results to the actual measurement. It is always moving a little bit up or down.

Fore more than 1M results I can understand it, but to set the limit to 2000 is absolutely ridiculous.

And the worst thing about it, your own Javascript library PicassoJS is printing the results, but QlikSense is blocking the output!

The Picasso Designer from Qlik garden (link here) is giving me everything I currently miss from the default visualization QlikSense is offering.

So I setup a nice chart and print more than 2000 results to it, for a short moment the chart is correctly printed but QlikSense is than hiding the chart and returns an error "to many hypercube objects" ---> WHY?? It was already computed and displayed!!!!

So please tell me, what is the idea behind it and why it cannot be customized?

If you really want to become a leader in the BI-visualization world and become better than Tableau you have to change it!

Every other visualization software I work with can handle this, except QlikSense.

At the moment all engineering people laughing at me, if I try to show them more than 2000 results.

For sales and marketing it might be good to not overwhelm them with to much information, but for technical stuff it is absolutely necessary to see every detail!

For that reason I have to tell all my customre who are not running QlikSense at the moment to use an other tool.

So if you are able to change it in the next releases, I would really appropriate it and you would make more money.

Thanks & regards

Tobias

1 Reply
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can only get 2000 cells with the initial fetch. You can get the rest with additional fetches. 

More info:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/November2018/Subsystems/APIs/Content/Sense_ClientAPIs/Ba...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Extension-initial-data-fetch-of-All-data/td-p/663449

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand