Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KefangWorker
Partner - Contributor III

Would data change affect the published app

Hi, guys,

I experience one situation on the published app. One data table could not be shown in the sheet, while the other tables are still accessible.

My question is:

if the source data has changed, will it affect the data sheet  published app based on it?? 

More Info: I have tried to reload the data, there is mismatch in the data loader, like this column is not found.

Regards

Kefang

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI Kefang,

If the app is not reloaded with latest data, it will have the precious data information. 

Qlik will store the information in the app itself. If any change in the base data (excel / sql / flat files, etc.), it won't impact in the app until u didn't refresh the app. simple manner, Qlik don't have live connection to the DB (except the concept of direct discovery)

In order to see the latest data, we've to schedule the qlik jobs in QMC daily basis or hourly. it depends on the requirement. 

Hope it gives some idea to you. 

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi Kefang,

Yes, if the data is changed or missed or removed, it will impact the published app when u've reload the apps.

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
KefangWorker
Author

Hi Mayil Vahanan,

Could I understand it in another way, if I don't reload the data, the published app will work??? 

If it is true, Could you share the reason behind it ??

Thanks a lot!

Kefang

MayilVahanan

HI Kefang,

If the app is not reloaded with latest data, it will have the precious data information. 

Qlik will store the information in the app itself. If any change in the base data (excel / sql / flat files, etc.), it won't impact in the app until u didn't refresh the app. simple manner, Qlik don't have live connection to the DB (except the concept of direct discovery)

In order to see the latest data, we've to schedule the qlik jobs in QMC daily basis or hourly. it depends on the requirement. 

Hope it gives some idea to you.