cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nkm6585
Contributor
Contributor

adding week option

hello, I work in retail and we are currently moving from Qlilkview to Qliksense.  We use the application for sales turnover reporting and frequently compare weeks and months, trimesters, etc. The application developer  insists that it is not possible to do a comparison of weeks.  I do not understand the problem though because for me, the application already knows the week numbers .... The option to choose the week is part of the toolbar  so the knowledge already exists in the application.  Currently, we are forced to choose the dates by hand and go back and look at calendars of past years to find the right dates for each week.  I am not sure my question is clear, but does anyone use Qliksense for a similar purpose and is able to compare weeks? 

Labels (1)
3 Replies
chris_djih
Creator III
Creator III

Of course this is posible and more: in many different ways.

1. if you want comparison in the same chart, just need to use a Set-Anlysis on Week and Year

1.if you want to have it as an comparative analysis it's even more simle with Alternate States 

Furthermer I would recommend to convince your developer to particiapte in new qlik trainings.

If you found help, mark the correct answer and give some likes to ALL contributors, that tried to help.
Or
MVP
MVP

There is no limitation on weeks in Qlik Sense - it's no different from any other field. However, your organization may have decided on a specific approach to handling date selections that limits applications to the use of calendars, and your developer may be following that approach.

If you're just looking to select week numbers, and they're in the application, you can use the Selections screen to pick the ones you want.

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

it is absolutely possible to compare weeks/months or any custom periods

maybe your developer hasn't build a suitable Data model to do so

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Documents/Period-Presets-Compare-Periods-on-the-fly/ta-p/1486371

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.