Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jalanhart
Contributor III
Contributor III

aggregate working days formula

Hello, 

I am trying to get a calculation going using QLIK's networkdays formula, but be able to filter down it's calculation based on a specific month chosen.

I currently have a formula looking something like this networkdays(YearStart(Max([%DateLink])), today() ,'01/01/2024','5/27/2024','7/4/2024','9/2/2024','11/28/2024','11/29/2024','12/24/2024','12/25/2024') which is sort of a YTD count of working days. 

however, I need to get it to where if I have I select previous months this year, it needs to filter down. So if I select MonthYear = Jan, it would only show 22 networkdays. 

How can I do this?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Even if features like networkdays() exists I couldn't recommend such approaches because it's much easier to provide these information within a calendar. There each date could be checked per weekday() and mapped against generic and/or fixed holidays to return a 0/1 flag of being a working-day which could be easily summed in the UI.

But many more is possible within the calendar by accumulating the flag on weekly/monthly/yearly level and/or aggregating their min/max/avg values and/or relating them to previous/rolling periods in further flags. For nearly all scenarios it should be possible just to pick the wanted values from the calendar instead of calculating such stuff in the UI.