Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jalanhart
Contributor III
Contributor III

aggregate working days formula

Hello, 

I am trying to get a calculation going using QLIK's networkdays formula, but be able to filter down it's calculation based on a specific month chosen.

I currently have a formula looking something like this networkdays(YearStart(Max([%DateLink])), today() ,'01/01/2024','5/27/2024','7/4/2024','9/2/2024','11/28/2024','11/29/2024','12/24/2024','12/25/2024') which is sort of a YTD count of working days. 

however, I need to get it to where if I have I select previous months this year, it needs to filter down. So if I select MonthYear = Jan, it would only show 22 networkdays. 

How can I do this?

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Even if features like networkdays() exists I couldn't recommend such approaches because it's much easier to provide these information within a calendar. There each date could be checked per weekday() and mapped against generic and/or fixed holidays to return a 0/1 flag of being a working-day which could be easily summed in the UI.

But many more is possible within the calendar by accumulating the flag on weekly/monthly/yearly level and/or aggregating their min/max/avg values and/or relating them to previous/rolling periods in further flags. For nearly all scenarios it should be possible just to pick the wanted values from the calendar instead of calculating such stuff in the UI.