Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

count of employees where all related records satisfy a condition

ali_hijazi_0-1685372108989.png

Hello got the data above
I want to count the users who got course progress >80 on all the courses and the course learning time > course expected duration / 2 for all courses per employee
so if an employee got a record for a course that doesn't satisfy the above conditions, I don't want to count him
even if one other course satisfies the above condition

I wrote at first the following expression:
count({<UserId = {"=[Course Progress] > 80"}UserId) and the this returned 4 which is correct
then I wrote
count({<UserId = {"=[Course Progress] > 80 and [Course Learning Time] > [Course Expected Time]/2"}UserId) and this returned 0 while it should return 1 because the employee Sebastien Garon satisfies these 2 conditions

kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

it turned out that I cannot count a field and use that same field to fomulate a condition as per below:

count({<UserId={"=[Course Progress] >80 and [Course Learning Time] > [Expected Time] / 2 "}>} UserId)
but if I create a copy of the field UserId (UserId as Field1) then

count({<Field1={"=[Course Progress] >80 and [Course Learning Time] > [Expected Time] / 2 "}>} UserId) works just fine

View solution in original post

6 Replies
njmaehler
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

To avoid complex set analysis to maintain later, is there the opportunity for you to flag the records that meet the [Course Learning Time] > [Course Expected Time]/2 criteria because it will be easier in the script than trying to sum the values in the set analysis?
The suggestion would be:
when loading your table above add another line to say 
if ([Course Learning Time] > [Course Expected Time]/2, 1, 0) as FlagValidTime

then your set analysis to count the users would simply be 
count({$< [Course Progress] = {">=80"}, FlagValidTime = {1}>} UserID)
You could even provide and input box for the 80 mark and then substitute a variable into the set analysis instead of hard coding the 80. 
Something like: 
count({$< [Course Progress] = {">=$(vInputValue)"}, FlagValidTime = {1}>} UserID)

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Your suggestion may simplify set analysis but what I want to count is the employees who got progress >80 for all courses your suggestion will count employees that have one row with progress >80

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Perhaps this?

Count(DISTINCT {$< UserId = {"=[Course Progress] > 80 and  Interval([Course Learning Time],'m') > Interval(([Course Expected Time]/2),'m')>} UserID)

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

no need for Interval the letter m is part of the column name
and the values are numbers

BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Could it be null in the [Course Expected Time]?

Count({$ -< [Course Expected Time]={'*'},UserID = {"=[Course Progress] > 80 and [Course Learning Time] > [Course Expected Time]/2 "}>}UserID)

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

it turned out that I cannot count a field and use that same field to fomulate a condition as per below:

count({<UserId={"=[Course Progress] >80 and [Course Learning Time] > [Expected Time] / 2 "}>} UserId)
but if I create a copy of the field UserId (UserId as Field1) then

count({<Field1={"=[Course Progress] >80 and [Course Learning Time] > [Expected Time] / 2 "}>} UserId) works just fine