Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

default bookmark does not work in November version

Hi,
With November 2020 version, I'm facing an issue with default bookmark to create an app landing page.
Actually the bookmark it's not being applied opening the app.
It worked with previous version.
Did anyone face the same problem?

Best Regards
Andrea

Labels (2)
17 Replies
MartijnOlivier
Partner - Contributor III

@Patric_Nordstrom 

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying this is currently working as designed? no need to wait for a fix?

MartijnOlivier

i also see different behavior per browser. Edge works fine (both landing sheet and default selection) while Chrome doesn't do anything with the default bookmark

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@MartijnOlivier Which deployment and version of Sense? QSE, QSD or SaaS?

I get the same behavior in all browsers. The default bookmark with selection and landing sheet is applied once per session. On windows the session is closed when all tabs are closed. On SaaS the session can be rejoined up 30 minutes after all tabs were closed.

The behavior was changed with fix due to a customer reported bug in November, previously the default bookmark could potentially be applied several times in a session. We are investigating if it's possible to improve keeping session state and default opening.

Thanks,

Patric

Qlikstu

Hi Patric 

I know this is slightly off thread topic but on SaaS if the session stays open up to 30 minutes after all tabs are closed would this also impact on Capacity consumption? 

Thanks

Stu

adias102
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I have encountered this issue with February 2021 version.

I'm using Qlik Sense february 2021 patch 4 in offline mode with chrome.

I have duplicated anexisting application, made some chasnges and now the default bookmark is not loaded when opening the app. When the app is open and you choose the bookmark it's working fine.

It seems to happen after receiving the following error:

Connection Lost. Make sure that Qlik Sense is running properly. If your session has timed out due to incativity, refresh to continue working.

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

@Patric_Nordstrom Is there some final status available?

We are on Enterprise November20 and can reproduce the session effect. It mainly occurs, when an App is opened twice. But I cannot confirm that this is the only variant where we get the bug.

BTW: We are using ODAG. Does this have any effect in the context? E.g. we had to move integrated pictures from the App internal to a custom folder and integrate them from there to make them appear in the ODAG generated app. Maybe anything to take care of with bookmarks?

Thanks for investigating 🙂

TobbeVbond
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue on May 2022 Patch 4. 

When opening a sheet with default bookmark, the filters are applied but the sheet is ignored.

Any updates on this?

michael_klix
Creator II
Creator II

My status so far is that a default bookmark is only applied ONCE for an App. If it is opened in parallel by the same user again, the bookmark is not applied. This can be still considered as a bug, but at least the first time, the bookmark is applied...

Anybody to confirm this?