Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christos500
Partner - Contributor III

exporting data without totals

Hi ,

I have a problem with exporting data to excel from a table without totals in qlik sense enterprise. I ve already did a little research and the only thing i found was an extension called 'LogiExport' but it has lots of limitations such as up to 1000 rows i think .

any help would be much appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

It's a checkbox when you export the data.

Or_0-1693230050520.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

What exactly is the problem you're having? The default Export Data option does not include totals. If you enable formatting, then totals are included, but without formatting they are not.

Christos500
Author

hi,

and how do i enable formatting?

Or
MVP
MVP

It's a checkbox when you export the data.

Or_0-1693230050520.png

Christos500
Author

i cannot see the specific checkbox. What version do you have ?  I also run my app in a windows server and not in saas (cloud). 

Or
MVP
MVP

I believe this was added in February 2022, which means it's available in almost every supported version (only November 2021 is still supported and lacks this functionality, if I'm not mistaken).

Since you want to export *without* the totals, and that is the default, I don't think this should matter?

Christos500
Author

no i didn't explain it right. I want the totals to be exported in the excel too but qlik sense table visualization doesn't show the total . Only in case of a pivot visualization.

Or
MVP
MVP

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.

If you want the totals exported from a table, and they are enabled in Qlik Sense, then a formatted export should export the totals. If they are not enabled, or you use a non-formatted export, totals will not be exported.

Christos500
Author

i just saw my version and it's November 2020 so it doesnt include the formatting option 😞

Or
MVP
MVP

That has been out of support for the better part of a year, so it might be time to consider an upgrade. Until then, I believe you're out of luck (unless some sort of extension can help, but I'm not personally familiar with one)