Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vishavb007
Partner - Contributor III

filter /slider on the basis of rank function

Hi All,

Hope you are doing well!

I need help as i need to show a filter on my sheet which can filter top 5,10,15,20... brands by sales.

It means in my table there are 1000 brands by sales, when i choose top 5 brands then in table rank wise top 5 brands will be coming up similarly for top 10 & so on.

I know i need to use variable extension which is available in qlik bundle, but i am not able to write expression and how to link that variable extension with  my table, Pls help me with the expression

Regards

Vishav Bhatia

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

@vishavb007  see the attached qvf. check the Dimension properties for setting

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@vishavb007  see the attached qvf. check the Dimension properties for setting

vishavb007
Author

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the qvf, it's simple and worked for me, I was tying the rank function and what not.

Thanks again for sharing it with me.

Regards

Vishav Bhatia

vishavb007
Author

Hi Kush,

This solution was helpful but I need some more help with this this, as I have 3 dimensions which are city, products, country.

so i need to to show top 10 by city, by product & by country, and i am creating a chart on the basis of these so when i choose top 10 by products so chart should change acc to that, similarly for others.

And what should i keep so that if i dont want to show any of it like top 10,15,20, just want to show total how many are there.

Please help me out, i will be very thankful to you.

Regards

Vishav Bhatia