Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sa_Rah
Contributor III
Contributor III

line chart and data points plotted using variable date v using max(date)

Hi

I'm puzzled by the below and need some help.

If I use the following expression the associated line graph plots a data point for every month, irrespective of whether the cumulative value I'm calculating changes. The variable vUnderwayDate = '27/03/23' i.e. a fixed date in the past.

Expression 1:

if( MonthYearDate <= monthstart($(vUnderwayDate)) ,

aggr(rangesum(

above( Count( distinct {<Table = {"SIP"}, Attended? = {"Attended","Booked","In Progress"}>} ENo)

+0*Count(distinct {$+1<MonthYearDate ={">=$(=Min(MonthYearDate ))<=$(=Max(MonthYearDate ))"}>}ENo),

0,rowno()))

,MonthYearDate ))

Graph 1:

Sa_Rah_1-1695040311195.png

However if I amend the first line as follows and replace the variable with a max(date) formula, it only plots data points where the cumulative value changed:

Expression 2:

if( MonthYearDate <= monthstart(max({<Attended? = {"Attended"}>}Date) ),

aggr(rangesum(

above( Count( distinct {<Table = {"SIP"}, Attended? = {"Attended","Booked","In Progress"}>} ENo)

+0*Count(distinct {$+1<MonthYearDate ={">=$(=Min(MonthYearDate ))<=$(=Max(MonthYearDate ))"}>}ENo),

0,rowno())),

MonthYearDate ))

Graph 2:

Sa_Rah_0-1695040276720.png

Can someone help me to amend Expression 2 so that it plots data points for each month, irrespective of whether the cumulative value changes?

Thanks

Sarah

Labels (1)
0 Replies