Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajashekar
Contributor III
Contributor III

pivot table with two/many measures with different dimension on its own

HI all,

is it possible to have different dimension for each measure in pivot table where row dimension are same.

expected outcome:

Country Sum(Sales)   Sum(Sales)   sum(Sales)  
  A B X1 X2 m n
India            
UK            
Canada            

measure is same will be added multiple times but each has to expand with different dimensions.

OR

Country Sum(Sales)   Count(Sales)
  A B  
India      
UK      

two different measures, only first one need to expand but not second.

simply put joining 2 or more different pivot tables joining side by side skipping country details(same row ).

Appreciate any thoughts.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You couldn't get a layout like in Excel but you could show the results in a very similar look - but you will need to do some extra measures by creating an appropriate dimensional structure which means to create some main- and/or sub-categories to your dimension and/or to extend your dimension for the additionally parts like any included total/rate columns and/or as-of-table logic for overlapping calculations.

Another way might be to skip these dimensionality and applying for everything an own calculation.

I suggest to avoid such measures because it just creates efforts without much benefits because the essential information of the data could be als displayed with normal objects.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You couldn't get a layout like in Excel but you could show the results in a very similar look - but you will need to do some extra measures by creating an appropriate dimensional structure which means to create some main- and/or sub-categories to your dimension and/or to extend your dimension for the additionally parts like any included total/rate columns and/or as-of-table logic for overlapping calculations.

Another way might be to skip these dimensionality and applying for everything an own calculation.

I suggest to avoid such measures because it just creates efforts without much benefits because the essential information of the data could be als displayed with normal objects.

Rajashekar
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you marcus for your response.

I thought of your 2nd suggestion, creating each measure of its own but there are many values in expansion- as your said  just creates efforts without much benefits.

Will try your first option of extending dimension and use as-of-table logic.

I am currently sticking to multiple pivots.

Thanks

Raja