Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arindam_Ghoshal_13
Contributor III
Contributor III

"Execute" showing Done while reload but not executing bat file through Qlik Sense

Hello Experts,

I have created a .bat file which runs 3 python code and generate 3 xlsx file as output.

While double clicking on bat file it WORKS perfectly from Server but not getting execting from Qlik Sense "Execute" statement.

Arindam_Ghoshal_13_3-1673955187695.png

I have facing exact same problem in qlik sense as shown this post

Click here - https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Execute-Command-in-script-will-finish-but-not-execute/... 

I have tried multiple statements from community & also tried after changing settings.ini file to below configurations & restarted the services. 

Execute "H:\my folder\MY_BAT_FILE.bat";    

My Qlik Engine ini file configuration
[Settings 7]
StandardReload=0
AllowExecuteCommand=1
OverrideScriptSecurity=1

Please help as there are few batch files in my code at mutiple sections as per my requirement.

Thanks for your time & efforts.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Arindam_Ghoshal_13 

I did a test and I only disabled standard mode as you did and added OverrideScriptSecurity=1 to the Settings.ini (restarted Engine service).

The command that worked for me was:

Execute cmd.exe /c "c:\sw\sample.bat"

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Arindam_Ghoshal_13 

I did a test and I only disabled standard mode as you did and added OverrideScriptSecurity=1 to the Settings.ini (restarted Engine service).

The command that worked for me was:

Execute cmd.exe /c "c:\sw\sample.bat"

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm