Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arindam_Ghoshal_13
Contributor III
Contributor III

"Execute" showing Done while reload but not executing bat file through Qlik Sense

Hello Experts,

I have created a .bat file which runs 3 python code and generate 3 xlsx file as output.

While double clicking on bat file it WORKS perfectly from Server but not getting execting from Qlik Sense "Execute" statement.

Arindam_Ghoshal_13_3-1673955187695.png

I have facing exact same problem in qlik sense as shown this post

Click here - https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Execute-Command-in-script-will-finish-but-not-execute/... 

I have tried multiple statements from community & also tried after changing settings.ini file to below configurations & restarted the services. 

Execute "H:\my folder\MY_BAT_FILE.bat";    

My Qlik Engine ini file configuration
[Settings 7]
StandardReload=0
AllowExecuteCommand=1
OverrideScriptSecurity=1

Please help as there are few batch files in my code at mutiple sections as per my requirement.

Thanks for your time & efforts.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Arindam_Ghoshal_13 

I did a test and I only disabled standard mode as you did and added OverrideScriptSecurity=1 to the Settings.ini (restarted Engine service).

The command that worked for me was:

Execute cmd.exe /c "c:\sw\sample.bat"

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Arindam_Ghoshal_13 

I did a test and I only disabled standard mode as you did and added OverrideScriptSecurity=1 to the Settings.ini (restarted Engine service).

The command that worked for me was:

Execute cmd.exe /c "c:\sw\sample.bat"

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm