Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlie03
Contributor II
Contributor II

reference line for events uploaded from a table for a time series

Hi,

I have a time series plotted in a line chart with sales over time (on a weekly /monthly basis). Separately, i loaded a table with dates and events (i.e. product launches, campaigns etc.) How can I add ALL the events at once in the time series? So far I can only do it "manually", by adding one event at a time as a dimension reference line.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Pilla
Employee
Employee

Hi @charlie03 ,

There is no way to dynamically populate reference lines from the load script via the "Add-ons" panel. That said, you can load them into the chart as a secondary expression then set their representation to "Bar" in a combo chart. With some fiddling, I was able to get the below. Granted, you won't get the labels on top, but it will be cleaner this way if you have a lot of events. Would something like this work for you? Bonus, the events are then selectable as well.

dynamic events.png

Cheers,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Daniel_Pilla
Employee
Employee

Hi @charlie03 ,

There is no way to dynamically populate reference lines from the load script via the "Add-ons" panel. That said, you can load them into the chart as a secondary expression then set their representation to "Bar" in a combo chart. With some fiddling, I was able to get the below. Granted, you won't get the labels on top, but it will be cleaner this way if you have a lot of events. Would something like this work for you? Bonus, the events are then selectable as well.

dynamic events.png

Cheers,

charlie03
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your quick suggestion!

It's not an ideal solution, but somehow it works together with a dual() expression to show the event name.

Thanks again!