Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis + GetFieldSelections + Fieldvalue

Hello,

I have a syntax error and I can't get rid of it. Or maybe I want something impossible for qlik sense 3.1... (Desktop for the moment but enterprise in near future).

I'm building an international app for our plants and I need to translate a lot, even dimensions in loading phase, in order to let super users build there own analysis in addition to standard ones. To maintain app in smarter way I should create one only main app but adapt a parameter to load plant's specific data with daughter published apps.

At the end of loading script I use "Rename Fields using TransMap" so any dimensions are modified in relation to Plant's language setting and mapping table.

I also store my dimension's translation in a table to re-use it later in app.

In a graph sheet I want to show a double axis analysis based on the first 2 selections in a listbox filter. I managed to do it... but!

When I create axis value expression, I use translated dimension name. When loading new data for a new plant in new languages, Qlik sense magically auto translate dimensions except one in text expression. So I tried to translate manually this expression but I didn't succeeded.

Here it is, formula used to recover average of values for second choice in filter aiming "FRCriteria_label" dimension thus named after  translation in french (not accurate translation, but I'm just in r&d phase by now) :

avg ({$ < FRCriteria_label=  {  '$(=trim(SubField ( GetFieldSelections (''['&Fieldvalue('TransTable',

FieldIndex('DIMENSIONLABEL','Criteria_label' ))&']'',',',2) ,',',2) ) )'    }        >   } $(v_Formula)  )

Previously I used successfully:

avg ({$ < FRCriteria_label=  { '$(=(trim(SubField(GetFieldSelections([FRCriteria_label],',',2),',',2))))'    }   >  } $(v_Formula) )

In Title zone I get the correct result for '['&Fieldvalue('TRADCHAMPS',FieldIndex('CHAMPS','Criteria_label' ))&']'

[FRCriteria_label]

But i know it's a string result.

How can I use it to dynamically adapt non auto translated string expression in my script?

Thanks for any help !

Alexandre

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Nothing possible in qlik to write in that way.

I have to create a variable during loading phase and use it inside setanalysis to get translated reference to correct field. Thus I have to create as many variable as any known cases needed in reports.

sunny_talwar

May be use double quotes around the whole things instead of single quote?

Avg ({$<FRCriteria_label = {"$(=Trim(SubField(GetFieldSelections('[' & Fieldvalue('TransTable',

FieldIndex('DIMENSIONLABEL','Criteria_label' ))&']',',',2) ,',',2)))"}>} $(v_Formula))