Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saif1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

show/hide analysis using a filter on the whole application

Hello qlikers,

I have a Field called (geolocation_ID) that has multiple values, this field has a value, let's call it (A),

i want a filter or a button to show all the dashboard with and without value (A), note that value(A) is connected to multiple things, so when hiding it or showing it, it should affect all the application, not a certain KPI or graph.

Any help ? 

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Assuming the your data model is Associated correctly with matching field names for all of the tables, then anytime you select a value from any filter, all your other charts/KPIs will instantly be responsive. That's how Qlik works.

The Associative Engine in Qlik also still holds ALL OF YOUR DATA. If you were to show several fields in Filter panels you would be able to see the "default" effects roll through. If you filtered to  your value A. Any values in another field that are associated with A would show up with white background. While any values that are excluded when you select A would show up as a Dark Gray background. Notice that only Field2 values 1 and 2 are associated with my selection of A. And you can also see the values of Field3 that are associated. My KPI simply sums all of the values for Field3, and the instant I select A the sum responds.

AssociativeModel.png

What is important to understand is that this is the DEFAULT behavior and uses the DEFAULT set of selection. However, Qlik offers something called Set Analysis that allows you to syntactically say "Ignore what the user has filtered" = Sum({1}Field3)

or "Give me a total for Field1 where it has the set of values that are excluded from what the user has now fitlered." = Sum({<Field1=E(Field1)>}Field3)

AssociativeSetAnalysis.png

If there ever was an "aha moment" for what Qlik does differently Set Analysis is it. If you just wanted to ensure your charts would respond to your filters throughout the application, now you know they do. If you wanted to know how to find the answer for the values that are excluded by your filters you do as well. I've created an entire hands on workshop where you can read about and play with it. The workshop contains a PDF with the information about Set Analysis, and a Qlik Sense application that you can upload to your hub and begin playing with the formulas that I walk you through. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Hands-on-Set-Analysis-from-the-ground-up/ta-...

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Assuming the your data model is Associated correctly with matching field names for all of the tables, then anytime you select a value from any filter, all your other charts/KPIs will instantly be responsive. That's how Qlik works.

The Associative Engine in Qlik also still holds ALL OF YOUR DATA. If you were to show several fields in Filter panels you would be able to see the "default" effects roll through. If you filtered to  your value A. Any values in another field that are associated with A would show up with white background. While any values that are excluded when you select A would show up as a Dark Gray background. Notice that only Field2 values 1 and 2 are associated with my selection of A. And you can also see the values of Field3 that are associated. My KPI simply sums all of the values for Field3, and the instant I select A the sum responds.

AssociativeModel.png

What is important to understand is that this is the DEFAULT behavior and uses the DEFAULT set of selection. However, Qlik offers something called Set Analysis that allows you to syntactically say "Ignore what the user has filtered" = Sum({1}Field3)

or "Give me a total for Field1 where it has the set of values that are excluded from what the user has now fitlered." = Sum({<Field1=E(Field1)>}Field3)

AssociativeSetAnalysis.png

If there ever was an "aha moment" for what Qlik does differently Set Analysis is it. If you just wanted to ensure your charts would respond to your filters throughout the application, now you know they do. If you wanted to know how to find the answer for the values that are excluded by your filters you do as well. I've created an entire hands on workshop where you can read about and play with it. The workshop contains a PDF with the information about Set Analysis, and a Qlik Sense application that you can upload to your hub and begin playing with the formulas that I walk you through. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Hands-on-Set-Analysis-from-the-ground-up/ta-...