Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manish_2991
Contributor III
Contributor III

New Stand Report download with Fitlers

Hi

We are configuring Nprinting and to download the reports we are using Newstand and On Demand is not giving us the desired results.

I have created a report and configured a publish task. I am able to view the report in the NewStand.

Is it possible that the user applies the filter on the Qliksense dashboard and when user opens the Newstand URL and click the report, then the report is filtered by the selection made by the user in the Qliksense dashboard?

Also is it possible that the newstand report filters the data as per the section access also?

@Frank_S 

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Frank_S
Support
Support

You haven't mentioned critical points.

• Version of NPrinting
  • Version of Qlik Sense

This information is generally important to share since versions themselves may not be in synchronization or there may be a bug for a specific version.

If the future, please ensure to add all important information that may be key to helping with specific questions.

Also recommend posting to the NPrinting community here as well: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting/bd-p/qlik-nprinting-discussions 

You will have a much wider audience for questions specific to NPrinting there.

In the meantime, since we don't  have any of the necessary information to answer your question in any level of detail, I will suggest that you upgrade to May 2022 SR 3 to  ensure that your version of NPrinting is supported for whichever version of Qlik sense that you may be running.

Further, if I understand your other point, it is not possible to make a selection in the Qlik Sense dashboard and have that apply to newsstand reports. To ensure users in the Newsstand have the data filtered base on data they are required to see, I suggest using 'user' filters in the NPrinting web console.

You may apply the filters to the users and when any report is published and the user is associated with the report/publish task, they we get a copy of the report to newsstand with the report filtered based on their NPrinting user filters.

If section access is applied, then the NP service account will impersonate each user and create a user specific report based on the users section access. But for this to work, you need to correctly format your Qlik Sense app load script. https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPrinting-Reports-Tasks-and-Connections-that...

If you are having a data inconsistency issue, between newsstand reports and reports exported to other destinations, please note there was a defect in NP May 2022 SR 2 which is resolved in NPrinting May 2022 SR 3.

Hope this all help...

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!