Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daz4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

vFlag

I have inherited a report that contains the following expression which works great. However, I am trying to replicate this in another report and can't figure out how. Can anyone help me understand what the vFlag component is here? It looks like a set variable but is neither stated in the load script nor in the external variables document. 

I also have the same issue with the Section part. 

Can anyone suggest what these mean?

Sum ({<BudgetNumber={$(vFlag)}, Section -={} >}BudgetAmount)

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

It isn't however I have just been shown by a colleague how this works, something I just haven't come across, but makes me feel like a bit of a noob!

Settings > Variable Overview...seems you can add a variable within the report itself. I had no idea!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI @Daz4 

I would add the variable to a text field and see if it is actually got a value in, If you can't find it in the variable editor then it looks like it is getting created.

I would guess at some point it is suppose to be picking up a value / values from the BudgetNumber field.

The section part doesn't make sense, but i guess they where trying to get where Section is not null

Daz4
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hey Mark

Thanks for your reply. 

It just comes up as  '-' in a text field no matter what I select as a filter. It works as if it is picking up on the BudgetNumber but the problem is I can't see where it is defined anywhere. 

_Iswarya_
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Daz4 ,

Can you check if the variable vFlag is used anywhere in input box/variable input. 

daz
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

It isn't however I have just been shown by a colleague how this works, something I just haven't come across, but makes me feel like a bit of a noob!

Settings > Variable Overview...seems you can add a variable within the report itself. I had no idea!