Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

what determines the default for the dateformat variables in script

hi,

from some reasons i always thought that the default value in the DATEFORMAT (and similar) variable in the script is determined by the format that is in the operating system (of the server? )

what i mean is i thought that whenever i create a new app, the default value for the variable in the script is taken from the operating system (region).

but after i changed the format in my operating system, i created a new app but i still get the old format.

can someone explain how is the initial value determined????

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Take a look at the main section of your Data Load Editor script, it contains the default format settings through defining variables in this section.  You can also change these settings here.

eg

SET ThousandSep=',';
SET DecimalSep='.';
SET MoneyThousandSep=',';
SET MoneyDecimalSep='.';
SET MoneyFormat='$#,##0.00;-$#,##0.00';
SET TimeFormat='h:mm:ss TT';
SET DateFormat='D/M/YYYY';
SET TimestampFormat='D/M/YYYY h:mm:ss[.fff] TT';
SET FirstWeekDay=6;
SET BrokenWeeks=1;
SET ReferenceDay=0;
SET FirstMonthOfYear=1;
SET CollationLocale='en-AU';
SET CreateSearchIndexOnReload=1;
SET MonthNames='Jan.;Feb.;Mar.;Apr.;May;Jun.;Jul.;Aug.;Sep.;Oct.;Nov.;Dec.';
SET LongMonthNames='January;February;March;April;May;June;July;August;September;October;November;December';
SET DayNames='Mon.;Tue.;Wed.;Thu.;Fri.;Sat.;Sun.';
SET LongDayNames='Monday;Tuesday;Wednesday;Thursday;Friday;Saturday;Sunday';
SET NumericalAbbreviation='3:k;6:M;9:G;12:T;15:P;18:E;21:Z;24:Y;-3:m;-6:μ;-9:n;-12:p;-15:f;-18:a;-21:z;-24:y';

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi there Lisa,

first, thank you very much for your reply,

i guess it's my fault, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

i know that the lines in the beginning of the script determine the default format for dates and numerical fields.

my question was:

how do these defaults get determined?????

qlik sense automatically populates the script with these variable assignments whenever one creates a new app.

how is the default format (the format that qlik sense decides to put in the variables) determined.

as far as i knew qlik gets them from the operating system but obviously that isn't the case.

so how??????

hope I'm more clear now

Mansyno

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Yes, it should come from the environment settings from the machine you created it on for Desktop or if create on a server environment it would be taken from there. What settings are a problem ?

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

like i said that is what i thought too, but it doesnt work.

the problem is that the date format of the windows server  where the qlik sense server is installed is: DD/MM/YYYY

but when i create a new app the variable gets the value of M/D/YYYY

i tried changing the default region setting in the server to something else (EG. MM/DD/YY)

and restarted the server

but still, the variable when creating a new app didn't reflect the change and was still : D/M/YYYY

so I'm asking what is wrong

johanfo2
Creator
Creator

I wonder about this as well. Where do these defaults come from?

marcus_sommer

I'm not absolutely sure but I think the defaults are coming from the regional settings but not mandatory those which are currently active else those ones which were chosen by the program-installation respectively which are defined within the user-properties - means by choosing the interface-language.