Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeinTaljaard
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Errors enabling publish to Qlik

Hi, 

I have been trying to enable publish to Qlik integration for a few days now and I keep getting "Error occurred while publishing to Qlik Sense."

I have reinstalled QDC twice and I have made sure that I did not miss steps in the documentation. Here are the log details

Message from Qlik script: - ERROR:internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:638 throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module '/usr/local/qdc/qlik/createQlikApp.js'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:636:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:562:25)
at Function.Module.runMain (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:831:12)
at startup (internal/bootstrap/node.js:283:19)
at bootstrapNodeJSCore (internal/bootstrap/node.js:623:3)
[QlikSenseAppGeneratorSvcImpl[Podium-PUBLISH-2-ABS_Stats.Indigenous_Status_by_Age_by_Sex.20200517070330]]

Failed to create Qlik app via process [QlikSenseAppGeneratorSvcImpl[Podium-PUBLISH-2-ABS_Stats.Indigenous_Status_by_Age_by_Sex.20200517070330]]com.podiumdata.base.error.PodiumFault: core.error.code.UNABLE_TO_EXTRACT_APP_ID_FROM_QLIK_SCRIPT - Unable to extract app id from qlik script call return.
at com.nvs.core.service.impl.QlikSenseAppGeneratorSvcImpl.runAppCreationCommand(QlikSenseAppGeneratorSvcImpl.java:515)
at com.nvs.core.service.impl.QlikSenseAppGeneratorSvcImpl.createQlikApplication(QlikSenseAppGeneratorSvcImpl.java:256)
at com.nvs.core.service.async.export.QlikSenseAppGenerationTask.runInternal(QlikSenseAppGenerationTask.java:55)
at com.podiumdata.glue.service.async.BaseCancellableTask.run(BaseCancellableTask.java:121)
at com.podiumdata.glue.service.async.CancellableCompositeTask.runInternal(CancellableCompositeTask.java:121)
at com.podiumdata.glue.service.async.CancellableCompositeTask.run(CancellableCompositeTask.java:75)
at com.nvs.core.service.impl.ThreadingSvcImpl$CallableAdapterForRunnable.call(ThreadingSvcImpl.java:319)
at com.nvs.core.service.impl.ThreadingSvcImpl$CallableAdapterForRunnable.call(ThreadingSvcImpl.java:309)
at com.nvs.core.service.impl.ThreadingSvcImpl$DecoratedCallable.callWithTimingAndLogging(ThreadingSvcImpl.java:391)
at com.nvs.core.service.impl.ThreadingSvcImpl$DecoratedCallable.callWithGarbageCollectionAndCounting(ThreadingSvcImpl.java:369)
at com.nvs.core.service.impl.ThreadingSvcImpl$DecoratedCallable.call(ThreadingSvcImpl.java:354)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Labels (2)
8 Replies
ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi @HeinTaljaard 

What's the content of your /usr/local/qdc/qlik/createQlikApp.js file ?

Thanks 

Best regards,

Thiebaud

HeinTaljaard
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I cannot access /usr/local/qdc/qlik/createQlikApp.js At all. Access denied.

When trying to do an ls on /usr/local/qdc/qlik I get that its not a directory.

HeinTaljaard
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Annotation 2020-05-19 074149.png

ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Switch to root and check permissions on the folders. 

The qdc user needs access to /usr/local/qdc/qlik/

HeinTaljaard
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

HeinTaljaard_0-1589931164144.png

After updating the permissions, I still get the error. 

Worth noting I never specified this path, I assumed it was set by the docker container. I haven't read anything that explicitly points this out.

ThiebaudS
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

To configure the publish to qlik sense feature, you need to follow the steps from this document: https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/QlikDataCatalyst/4.4/0/QlikDataCatalystQlikSenseIntegration_Dec...

You can find this document on the demo.qlik.com/download website, when you select the December 2019 release.

I don't know why it's not available for the April 2020 release, but anyway, the steps are the same.

Best regards,

DaveHowland
Employee
Employee

It's important to understand that depending on the version of QDC .. some of this information may change. But one thing you can see right away? The '/usr/local/qdc/qlik/createQlikApp.js' can't be found. The location of it .. again depending on version can be found in the core_env file - likely /usr/local/qdc/apache-tomcat .... /conf/core_env.properties. Look for 

podium.qlik.appcreation.qsockclient.script

Does it look like 'podium.qlik.appcreation.qsockclient.script=/usr/local/qdc/qlik/createQlikApp.js' 

if so .. take a look at that directory, I'm betting it's not there. /usr/local/qdc/qlik/ doesn't exist? I think you've said that already. What you may have is '/usr/local/qdc/qlikpublish/' .. does that directory exist. If so .. update the property : 

'podium.qlik.appcreation.qsockclient.script=/usr/local/qdc/qlikpublish/createQlikApp.js' 

Restart QDC and see if you get farther. 

If there is no qlikpublish directory .. go through the /usr/local/qdc directory and see if there are any subdirectories .. ones that have the 'createQlikApp.js' script -- and change the property to reflect that path. Again, restart the QDC Service and try to publish again. 

Hope that helps.

David

mslvk
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi,

We have a similar error with Qlik Data Catalog after updating to SR2 from June 2020. Before that there was a version February 2020 and worked fine.

Maybe someone came across this.

When I tried  publish to QS:

Message from Qlik script: - ERROR:internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:638 throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module '/createQlikApp.js'
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:636:15)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:562:25)
at Function.Module.runMain (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:831:12)
at startup (internal/bootstrap/node.js:283:19)
at bootstrapNodeJSCore (internal/bootstrap/node.js:623:3)
[QlikSenseAppGeneratorSvcImpl[Podium-PUBLISH-2-dbo.tmp.20200817134815]]

The module is present, but the error does not contain the full path to the file