Qlik Community

Catalog and Lineage

Discussion Board for collaboration around Catalog and Lineage.

Announcements
June 21, 10AM ET: Q&A with Qlik, Live Chat! Qlik Lineage for your Data Dynasty. REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyldi
Contributor
Contributor

Extract app connections and tables lineage

Hello,

I am having trouble extracting application lineage (for Qlik Cloud/Qlik Enterprise) with Qlik engine API and QRS.

What I want : Extract what fields an app uses, and from which source it comes (file, connection, ...). Or at least which sources an app uses.

What I have :

But I can't tell that the table "city" comes from the dataconnector "Postgres" named "PostgreSQL_XYZ", as on this view(data manager) :

Capture d’écran 2022-02-08 110025.png

I tried to look at the endpoint on the lineage (GetLineage method), but I don't know what to do with the result, because it does not say precisely which data source it is.

Anyone knows what I am missing ?

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Reply
GeigerS
Contributor
Contributor

Extracting lineage can return different results based on whether you’re extracting from a pipeline created in the Pipeline Modeler or extracting lineage from a single connection. Setting up a pipeline and extracting the data varies depending on the connection, graph, and dataset type. These examples give high-level information for accomplishing lineage extraction on connections and pipelines.

www.readypayonline.com